Kaiser Permanente funded the Port Towns Community Health Partnership (PTCHP), a collaboration of youth and adult residents, schools, nonprofit and business organizations, congregations, local government leaders and funders, to support healthy living and health equity in the Port Towns region of Maryland through policy, systems, and environmental change.
- Partners with Common Health Action to help educate, guide, and build the capacity of the partnership's Community Implementation Team and "Place Matters" (Policy) Team to set priorities and lead local change.
- Provided feedback on action plans, potential structures, and logic models, and offered ad hoc strategic consultation to Kaiser Permanente.
Funding Partner: Kaiser Permanente
- Technical assistance
- Capacity building for partners
- Tool and resource development
- Convenings and trainings
- Strategic consultation and feedback
“Active Living By Design [now Healthy Places by Design] came highly recommended by my colleagues as leaders in helping communities advance policy and systems-level strategies to build healthy communities. I was immediately struck by their ability to set the right tone for effective community conversations. They're careful listeners, as sensitive to what's unspoken as to what's spoken, and they create the right balance between guiding and allowing group thinking to unfold.”
Celeste James, Director
Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States