Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust (KBR) retained Healthy Places by Design (then Active Living By Design) to conduct an assessment of the Trust’s recent and current investments in community-based disease prevention and to make recommendations for the Trust on future program investments.
Healthy Places by Design engaged in an assessment to:
- Build an understanding of KBR’s recent and current investments in community-based disease prevention, including outcomes and impact;
- Build from our organizations’s work with local, state, and national partners to gain an understanding of alternate funding models, including strengths and weaknesses of other philanthropies’ investments in community-based disease prevention projects; and
- Confirm what is working well and develop recommendations to help inform KBR’s future grantmaking in community-based disease prevention.
Funding Partner: Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust
Engagement: June - October 2014
- Grant program assessment
- Alternative funding models assessment
- Recommendations for further issue area refinement and potential changes to future grantmaking processes